Eliott was born and raised in Lubbock where he attended Coronado High School. Eliott then attended Texas Tech University, where he proudly graduated with honors. Upon graduation from St. Mary’s School of Law in San Antonio, Eliott returned home to Lubbock and joined Crenshaw, Dupree & Milam, LLP. Because he is a proud Lubbock native, Eliott has spent his entire legal career in West Texas. His continued professional and social involvement in the community provides Eliott the unique ability to relate to, connect with and understand West Texans, and apply that ability to his passionate representation of clients. His approach and style to cases mirrors the values he learned growing up in West Texas. Couple his character with his extensive litigation experience and you understand why Eliott has been named to the prestigious Thomson Reuters’ Texas Super Lawyer’s “Rising Star” list in consecutive years in 2016 and 2017.
Away from the office, Eliott and his wife, Laura, spend most of their time raising their two boys. The Nixon’s are dedicated supporters of all things Texas Tech, and are involved in many local charitable and social organizations.
The focus of Eliott’s practice is to assist clients resolve a wide range of civil litigation matters, with a particular emphasis on personal injury litigation and commercial and business litigation. With extensive courtroom and jury trial experience, Eliott’s practice provides his clients with the flexibility and options to resolve matters both inside and outside the courtroom. He is also versed in assisting his clients identify, reduce and manage exposure to avoid future conflicts. Eliott also recognizes the value of achieving pre-litigation resolutions of potential disputes through creative and educated negotiations.
He represents clients in all aspects of personal injury and wrongful death claims, including premise liability, work-related injuries and fatalities, motor-vehicle and trucking litigation, and all other areas of insurance defense.
Eliott is also well-versed in business and commercial litigation, and provides counsel and representation to individuals and businesses in commercial and large and small business disputes, while addressing their ultimate business goals. He also represents clients in matters of prosecution and defense of breach of contract matters, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and tortious interference claims, labor and employment matters and real-estate litigation.
Areas of Practice
- General Litigation
- Governmental Liability
- Civil Rights, Section 1983
- Insurance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas – 2009
- Dean’s List & President’s Honor List
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- Student Bar Association: Senator and Committee Chair
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas – 2006
- Dean’s List
- President’s Scholarship Recipient: 2002-2006
- Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Fraternity
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Lubbock County Bar Association
- Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2009-2013; Director 2012-2015; Treasurer 2016 – present.
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (TADC)
- American Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- Phi Delta Theta
- Executive Committee for the American Cancer Society “Cattle Baron’s Ball”
- Alumni Advisory Committee for Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, Texas Tech Chapter
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) – 2011-2014
- Lubbock Habitat for Humanity Team Leader – 2012 – 2015
- Lubbock Chamber of Commerce “Leadership Lubbock,” Graduate
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure: Volunteer, Lubbock and San Antonio, Texas, 1997-2011
- Ambucs Caprock Basketball Tournament All-Tournament Selection Committee
- Member of First Baptist Church
- Nominee — outstanding young attorney in 2015 – 2016 by the Lubbock County Bar Association.
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016 and 2017, a Thomson Reuters’ Publication