- Lubbock, Texas
- Phone: 806-762-5281
- Fax: 806-762-3510
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights, Section 1983
- Governmental Liability
- Employment Law
- OSHA Investigations
- Worker’s Comp, Wrongful Death
- Texas Tech University – School of Law, Lubbock, Texas J.D., Science Engineering and Technology Law Concentration, cum laude – 2017
- Board of Barristers
- National Best Oralist: National Energy Law and Sustainability Moot Court Team
- Journal of Biosecurity, Biosafety, & Biodefense Law: Editor-in-Chief
- Texas Bank Lawyer: Staff Editor
- Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
- Texas Tech University – The Institute of Environmental and Human Health, Lubbock, Texas Ph.D., Environmental Toxicology – 2014
- University of Arizona – Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, Arizona M.S., Medical Pharmacology; Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Perfusion – 2008
- University of Texas – College of Natural Sciences, Austin, Texas B.A. – 2003
- State Bar of Texas
- Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association
- Lubbock Area Bar Association
- Presley SM, Urban KN, Gibson AG. Chapter 3: Threats and Vulnerabilities Associated with Biological Agents in NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL TERRORISM COUNTERMEASURES. March 1, 2016.
- Urban Sorensen, K and Mellinger, V. The Limits of Free Speech on a Public University. Texas Tech University, 1st Annual Title IX Drive-In Conference; April 6, 2017, Lubbock, TX.
- Urban Sorensen, K. Biological Warfare & Environmental Decontamination Post-Exposure: Who Is Responsible? 16th Annual Global Biosecurity Symposium; April 21, 2017, Lubbock, TX.
- Duncan, R and Urban Sorensen, K. Civility in the Legal System. Texas State Bar: 11th Annual John Huffaker Agricultural Law Course, 2017.
- Saltzman, M, Urban, K, Sutton, V. Disease Mapping Using Social Media and Big Data: It’s a Big World. ASM Biothreats: Research, Response, and Policy Annual Meeting, 2017.
- Urban, K. Misspelling Equals Mistake When Perfecting a Security Interest. Texas Bank Lawyer, 2017.
- Urban, K. Use of the Term “Borrower” in Guaranty Made Guarantor Liable for Breach of Loan Agreement by Any One Borrower. Texas Bank Lawyer, 2017.