David was raised in Lubbock, Texas. He comes from five generations of native West Texans who have called the South Plains their home. After graduating from Trinity Christian School, he attended Texas Tech University. He was the third generation of Hutchens to receive a degree from Texas Tech. After graduating with a degree in History, he had the privilege of serving as an intern in the House Republican Conference Office under Congressman Jeb Hensarling. After teaching and coaching at the high school level for four years, David enrolled in Texas Tech University School of Law and earned his Juris Doctorate.
Away from the office, David spends most of his time reading biographies or at various Texas Tech sporting events.
Areas of Practice
- General Litigation
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas J.D. (Cum Laude) – 2018
- Texas Tech University B.A., Major: History, Minor: Secondary Education – 2011
- Texas, 2019
- New Mexico, 2019
- State Bar of Texas
- Lubbock Area Bar Association
- Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association
- Federalist Society
- Lubbock Avalanche Journal Community Association
- Member, First Baptist Church Lubbock