W C Bratcher is a litigation attorney practicing in the Firm’s trial section. He defends personal injury, wrongful death and medical liability claims. He has served as lead trial counsel for a Texas based natural gas utility in multiple wrongful death and significant personal claims resulting from explosions and other natural gas – related occurrences. He also served as West Texas counsel for a Texas based oil & gas exploration company. In addition, his practice includes litigation defense in the areas of business, commercial and insurance law.
Dub grew up in Blue Ridge and McKinney, Texas but has been a resident of Lubbock since 1969. He is a veteran of the United States Army having served from 1969 to 1975. His interests out of the office include ranching, cycling, art and American Quarter Horses.
He currently serves as his Firm’s Managing Partner having previously chaired the Management Committee on eight (8) separate occasions. He is a routine contributor to Texas Tech University School of Law where he has served on the Law School’s Foundation Board and on the Dean’s Executive Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation Defense
- Business and Commercial Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Oil & Gas
- Insurance Law
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas – Juris Doctorate, 1975
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas – Bachelor of Science, 1972
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of Texas
- Lubbock County Young Lawyers Association, President – 1980-1981
- Lubbock County Bar Association, Director, 1985-1986
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Tech University School of Law Foundation Board Member Emeritus
- Texas Tech University School of Law Foundation Board Dean’s Executive Committee Member Emeritus
- Southcrest Baptist Church
- “AV Preeminent” Rated Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell
- Texas Tech University School of Law Distinguished Service Award, 2015